National Travel is committed to taking great care for our guests, our suppliers, our service providers and our staff. It is really important that you take the time to read and understand the following general conditions of booking with National Travel. Whilst the following are general important terms and conditions, there is more detailed information which would be outlined in your travel confirmation documents. Please read your travel documents to ensure that you understand the itinerary and the style of trip you are undertaking. Thank you!
1. References to "us", "we" and/or "our" in these Booking & Advisory Services Terms and Conditions means 168 Travel Pty Ltd trading as Freedom Road Travel and/or National Travel.
2. We are a travel agent. We arrange travel services and sell a Travel Product on behalf of Third Party Travel Providers (Providers) including airlines, tour and cruise operators, car hirers and accommodation providers. We charge a service fee for providing this service.
3. Once we have booked a Travel Product on your behalf, your contract is then with the Provider of those services.
4. Your rights to amend or cancel your Travel Booking and the cost of doing so will be governed by the Provider's terms and conditions. The Provider’s terms and conditions may be non-refundable or may have amendment and cancellation fees. It is important that you understand this when entering into a contract with us. These fees are in addition to amendment and cancellation fees charged by us, outlined in the Schedule of Professional Service Fees.
5. We provide you with Booking & Advisory Services that allow you to acquire Travel Products from a Provider. We act as agent for the Provider.
6. By acquiring Booking & Advisory Services from us, you agree that you have read and understood our terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Providers.
Fees and Commissions
7. We charge a fee for providing the Booking & Advisory Services to you. The fee is non-refundable, even if the Travel Product is not used.
8. All fees are outlined in the Schedule of Professional Service Fees.
9. We may receive a commission, fee, rebate, gift or financial incentives from Providers, in respect of your booking. Any commission, gift, fee, rebate and/or financial incentive received by us from Providers in relation to your booking is non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
Liability of Agency and Limitations of Liability
10. We are liable to you for providing Booking & Advisory Services in accordance with these terms and conditions.
11. Our travel Booking & Advisory Services come with guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be excluded. These guarantees include that the services:
- will be provided with due care and skill;
- will be reasonably fit for the specified purpose;
- can reasonably be expected to achieve the desired result; and
- will be provided within a reasonable time.
12. If we do not meet any of the expectations set out in paragraph 11, you have rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
13. Subject to the Australian Consumer Law, we are not liable for any technical errors, corruption of any data, unauthorised access to your personal data, inaccuracies in information supplied by you or third parties, or failure to complete bookings when that failure is due to circumstances beyond our control.
14. Subject to the application of consumer guarantees which may be implied into the supply of Booking & Advisory Services to you, we are not otherwise liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage which is suffered directly or indirectly in connection with the:
- the delivery or non-delivery of the Travel Product; or
- any act or omission of Providers or other third parties.
15. Apart from the rights you have under the Trade Practices Act that cannot be lawfully excluded, we shall not be liable for any inconvenience, delay, loss, death, injury or damage to you or your belongings or otherwise caused directly or indirectly by the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third party suppliers, force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control.
16. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude or restrict the application of consumer guarantees under consumer protection law.
Liability of the Provider
17. Once you have acquired Booking & Advisory Services from us, the Provider will provide you with the Travel Product on the terms and conditions agreed between you and the Provider. You should obtain and read the Provider's terms and conditions before acquiring Booking & Advisory Services from us.
18. The Provider is liable to you for a breach of obligations in providing you with the Travel Product.
19. As an agent of the Provider, we have no control over or liability for, the services provided by Providers. We cannot guarantee the performance of the Provider and we have no liability in respect of the supply of any Travel Products including any liability in contract, tort or otherwise, for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any provider of travel services or products by Providers. All bookings with us are subject to the terms and conditions and limitations of liability imposed by the Provider.
For all bookings made with National Travel, travel confirmation documents will be issued and you are deemed to have read and agreed to the Booking Conditions. As we are a third party supplier of travel products, individual travel providers may have their own terms and conditions which may vary for each individual trip. Please ask your travel consultant for more details.
Dates, itineraries and prices listed on this website are indicative and subject to change without notice.
Schedule of Professional Service Fees
Fees for bookings made through the office/ on the phone:
- Domestic Itinerary: $15 AUD per person
- Trans Tasman Fee: $25 AUD per person
- South Pacific/ Asia short-haul: $55 AUD per person
- All other International travel: $110 AUD per person
Online Booking fees:
- Domestic Itinerary: $7 AUD per person
- Trans Tasman Fee: $15 AUD per person
- International Itinerary: $30 AUD per person
- International Itinerary departing another country: $80 AUD per person
- Domestic change fee: $55.00 per person per booking in addition to Provider and credit card fees.
- International change fee: $85.00 per person per booking in addition to Provider and credit card fees.
(All fees exclude GST, where applicable).
Credit card surcharges will apply when paying by credit card. We accept all credit cards and the relevant credit card fee is applied when processing.
- Mastercard (Standard, Corportate, Premium) - 1.50%
- Visa (Standard, Corporate, Premium) - 1.90%
- AMEX - 1.90%
- Diners - 2.75%
- International Credit Cards - 3.25%
1. All prices quoted to you are subject to availability and may be withrdrawn or amended at any time without notice until paid in full. Prices are subject to change and can occur due to supplier or airline price increases, fluctuating currency or taxes and fuel surcharges.
2. We reserve the right to cancel your booking in the event we have reasonable grounds to believe it is fraudulent.
3. If a Provider changes any part of your booking for reasons beyond its control, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you. If any such changes result in your Travel Product costing more or otherwise being materially different, then you may cancel the Travel Product. Any refund would be subject to the Travel Provider terms and conditions.
4. These terms and conditions are subject to variation at any time. Any variation will be displayed here, and you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you have made a booking after it has been displayed.
As certain taxes are mandatory in various countries or provinces, there may also be additional local taxes charged at some airports. All taxes included in current pricing are subject to change without notice.
Upon accepting your booking, National Travel requires a deposit to be paid, which constitutes a contract between both parties. Please refer to your travel consultant for details regarding the payment schedule and individual terms and conditions of the third party travel providers.
1. The Travel Products offered are subject to availability and can be withdrawn without notice by the Provider. Travel Products may also change at any time in accordance with the Providers terms and conditions.
2. When making a booking, you must provide details of each traveller correctly. We have no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the incorrect entry of a traveller's details.
3. Travel Products obtained through the Booking & Advisory Services are not guaranteed until payment has been made in full and documents have been processed.
4. It is your responsibility to contact the Provider prior to departure to ensure there is no change to the scheduled departure time.
5. Most airlines offer only electronic confirmation of your reservation, or 'e-ticketing'. We cannot be held responsible if your e-ticket does not arrive due to an incorrect email address or your junk email settings. You must notify us immediately if you change your email address or contact telephone number after making a booking. It is your responsibility to advise us if you have not received your e-ticket confirmation.
6. When making a booking you must advise your consultant of any medical, dietary or mobility conditions you may have.
7. When making a booking you must advise us if you are pregnant.
8. All pricing is reflected in Australian Dollars unless otherwise specified.
- Our Maldive properties are quoted in USD and will be converted in AUD at the current AUD bank exchange rate at the time of payment. If cancelled, refunds are sent back in USD and will be converted in AUD at the current AUD bank exchange rate at the time of refund.
9. All pricing is inclusive of goods and services tax (GST), or other such value-added taxes where applicable.
10. Payments processed in foreign currency (currency other than the original card holders country of issue), may incur a currency conversion fee. Please refer to your financial institution for applicable fees.
10. We sell Travel Products in two different ways:
- as merchant, where we take payment directly from you at the time of booking confirmation; or
- as retail, where your Travel Product will either be paid to the Provider directly at the time of booking or payable to the Provider on the date of travel.
11. Travel Products purchased in accordance with the 'retail' method, will not be bound by these terms and conditions and you are responsible for pursuing any claims of cancellation, re-scheduling, refunds or chargebacks directly with the merchant.
- As the merchant we are governed by the terms and conditions of the provider of the merchant facility.
- A credit card or debit card fee may also be charged by certain Providers and low-cost carriers. You will be notified of such charges prior to your purchase
- All charges, including the credit card fees, may be in another currency (e.g. EUR), which we will provide an estimate for in Australian dollars.
If you cancel some or all portions of your booking after paying a deposit or in full, cancellation fees will apply. If you change part or all of your booking after paying a deposit, change fees may apply. For a cancellation or amendment notice to be effective it must be received in writing by National Travel prior to you scheduled departure date.
Our Cancellation fees are:
· Changes to Domestic/Trans-Tasman bookings will incur a fee of $30 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
· Cancellations to Domestic/Trans-Tasman bookings will incur a fee of $50 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
· Changes to International bookings (excluding Trans-Tasman bookings) will incur a fee of $55 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
· Cancellations to International bookings (excluding Trans-Tasman bookings) will incur a fee of $300 per passenger per booking in addition to supplier fees.
We strongly recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurances at the time of booking which will cover any and all cancellation fees. If you cancel your Travel Product, your right to a refund or credit is subject to the terms and conditions of the Provider. If the Provider is required to provide you with a refund or credit for the Travel Product, we will liaise with the Provider to arrange that refund. Where you are entitled to a refund, we are unable to provide you with this refund until we receive it from the Provider. Please note that most Providers take 60 – 90 days to process any refund. Any refund or credit will be subject to these terms and conditions and will not include the Booking & Service Advisory fee, credit card fees or any commissions received. You may also be charged a cancellation fee by the Provider. Where refunds for unused services are allowed, a service fee may be charged by the Provider against the value of the refund.
Changes or cancellations after your deposit has been paid may also be subject to fees from third party suppliers, including but not limited to airlines, hotels, tour operators and cruise lines. This fee can be up to 100% of the booking cost. Reissue fees may apply when changes require a new ticket to be issued.
Refunds and Credits
If you cancel your Travel Product, your right to a refund or credit is subject to the terms and conditions of the Provider. If the Provider is required to provide you with a refund or credit for the Travel Product, we will liaise with the Provider to arrange that refund. Where you are entitled to a refund, we are unable to provide you with this refund until we receive it from the Provider. Please note that most Providers take 60 – 90 days to process any refund. Any refund or credit will be subject to these terms and conditions and will not include the Booking & Service Advisory fee, credit card fees or any commissions received. You may also be charged a cancellation fee by the Provider. Where refunds for unused services are allowed, a service fee may be charged by the Provider against the value of the refund.
1. If you amend or cancel your Travel Product, we reserve the right to charge the cancellation and amendment fees as per the Schedule of Professional Service Fees.
2. The Provider may charge cancellation and amendment fees in accordance with the terms and conditions agreed between you and the Provider. These will be in addition to the fees charged by us. We are not liable for any cancellation fees or refusals to refund made by the Provider.
3. Many Providers treat name changes and route and/or itinerary alterations as a full cancellation and these can incur full cancellation charges.
4. We will not charge a cancellation or amendment fee if you cancel or amend your booking due to a breach by us of our obligations to you or due to our fault.
Cancellations and amendments for online low-cost carrier bookings only
1. If your flight booking is with a Low-Cost Carrier, you can only cancel or change your booking by contacting the Provider directly.
Cancellations and amendments for hotel bookings only
1. Please review the cancellation policy for your hotel booking for any penalties that may apply.
Travel Documents including, but not limited to, airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers and car hire documents, whether electronic or paper, are subject to conditions and restrictions. Documents may be non-refundable, non-date-changeable, non-transferable and subject to cancellation or amendment fees. Airline tickets must be issued in the name which matches the passport of the user. It is your responsibility to carefully check all details on documents and advise us immediately of any errors in names, dates or timings.
Ticketing For international and domestic departure, e-tickets will be issued upon payment and completion of the booking process. All other travel documentation, such as hotel booking confirmations, will be emailed to the email address you provided as an e-document. Should the Provider issue paper vouchers, these will be posted to the address you provided.
If you wish to receive frequent flyer points for your travel please inform your consultant of your frequent flyer details prior to travel. Your frequent flyer program is solely responsible for crediting your points and the specific terms of your membership. You should retain copies of your air ticket and boarding pass. Special requests will be passed on to the Provider but cannot be guaranteed.
For more information on whether your airfare is eligible for Frequent Flyer rewards, please contact the airline directly. When booking online, please ensure that you have entered your correct number.
We will endeavour to contact you regarding any schedule changes prior to your departure, however it is your responsibility to reconfirm your flight departure times 24 hours prior to travel.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the required documents, including visas and passports, before travelling to a destination. For more information please log on to www.dfat.gov.au and www.smarttraveller.gov.au. Please check with the respective Embassy or Consulate of each country that you are travelling to, as many destinations require visas for both Australians and non-Australian passport holders. For more information, log on to www.visalink.com.au. You need to ensure that you have at least 6 months validity on your passport from the date of your departure return.
For International travellers booked on flights to the USA, including Hawaii, it is now mandatory, under the Visa Waiver Program to receive an electronic authorisation known as ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation) no less than 72 hours before travel to the USA. This can be obtained from the following website: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/.
For international travellers booked on flights to Canada, you either need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to, or transit through, a Canadian airport. An eTA can be obtained from the following website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit...
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of any health requirements for your travel destinations. Vaccinations are strongly recommended for certain destinations. You need to contact your local doctor who will advise you of these requirements. Please note that vaccinations may be recommended before your travel departure date.
In order for National Travel to confirm your travel arrangements, you must provide all required details at the time of booking. Necessary details include full name as per passport, date of birth, nationality, passport number, passport issue and expiry date and any pre-existing medical conditions you have which may affect your ability to complete your travel arrangements.
Prior to making you booking National Travel highly recommends that you review information provided by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trading and any warnings associated with your destination/s on their websites, www.dfat.gov.au for general travel advice, as well as specific advice (including safety alert levels) relating to the destination you wish to visit, www.smartraveller.gov.au .
Great care is taken to ensure the accuracy of descriptions and images associated with all travel products including hotels and tours on this website, however we accept no liability for incorrect images or descriptions, or changes made to any travel products featured. We do not accept any liability for incidental expenses due to changes in itinerary made by third party suppliers.
You acknowledge that the nature of the trip may involve strenuous activity and participation involves a degree of personal risk. You may be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in our daily lives. National Travel uses information from government foreign departments and reports from our own contacts in assessing whether the itinerary should operate. However it is also your own responsibility to acquaint yourself with all possible relevant travel information and the nature of your itinerary. You acknowledge that your decision to travel is made in light of consideration of this information and you accept that you are aware of the personal risks attendant upon such travel.
1. We will not be liable for any failure or delay in performing our obligations in booking the Travel Product that is due to events beyond our control.
2. If a force majeure event occurs that affects your booking, your entitlement to a refund, a credit or re-scheduled travel booking will depend on the Provider's terms and conditions.
3. If your booking is impacted by a force majeure event and you are entitled to a refund or credit from the Provider, we will facilitate this refund or credit.
4. The Booking & Service Advisory fee, credit card fees or any commissions received are non-refundable in the circumstance that a force majeure event occurs.
National Travel contract with a network of companies, government agencies and individuals to assist in the running of our trips as agent for these third parties. National Travel is not responsible for the acts and omissions of these third parties.
To the fullest extent permitted by law:
· Any liability for any loss, death, injury or damage which you may suffer (directly or indirectly) in connection with or arising out of your participation in a trip, or any breach of the Booking Conditions.
· You release National Travel and our officers, employees, agents and representatives from any liability and expressly waive any claims you may have against National Travel arising out of or in connection with your participation in a trip.
· Any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied by law into these Booking Conditions (Implied Warranty), is excluded. To the extent an Implied Warranty cannot be.
Travel insurance is highly recommended for all travellers whether travelling internationally or within Australia. Your travel insurance should cover you for medical expenses, cancellation, repatriation, personal injury and accidents, personal liability and loss of personal baggage and money.
If you do not have travel insurance, National Travel can arrange it for you. Please ask your consultant about the best travel insurance policy for your trip and ensure you read the Product Disclosure Statement prior to purchasing.
If you have a complaint about your trip please inform local tour, cruise, hotel or airline staff immediately in order to try and resolve any issues at the time of the complaint. If a resolution cannot be reached, please contact your National Travel consultant who will act on your behalf to try and resolve the issue with the supplier, however we are not held liable for any claims or complaints against third party suppliers.
In the event that any term or condition contained in these Booking Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason than such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
National Travel collects your personal information to enable us to respond to your queries and provide you with the Booking & Advisory Services, including assisting in arrangements with Providers (such as hotels and flights).
All matters arising out of or in connection with the Booking & Advisory Services and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of QLD, Australia. By acquiring the Booking & Advisory Services, you consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the laws of QLD, Australia.
"We" and "us" means [insert company name] trading as [insert name] Travel.
"You" or "your" means any user of our Website or any person who acquires the Booking & Advisory Services, including any person who acquires a Travel Product (whether or not the Booking & Advisory Services were acquired by another person).
"Booking & Advisory Services" means services provided by us to you in assisting you to acquire a Travel Product from a Provider and includes advisory and consulting services.
"Force Majeure” means, but not limited to: acts of God, accident, riot, war, terrorist act, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis, civil commotion, breakdown of communication facilities, natural catastrophes, adverse weather conditions, governmental acts or omissions, changes in laws or regulations, national strikes, fire, explosion and generalised lack of availability of raw materials or energy.
“Travel Provider” or "Provider" or "Providers" means the company or person who provides you with the Travel Product on terms and conditions agreed with you.
"Travel Product" means the service or product provided by a Provider, for example, an airline or a hotel.
The Company reserves the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time, and it is the Clients responsibility to be familiar with them. The latest terms and conditions can always be found on the Company website www.freedomroadtravel.com.au and/or www.national-travel.com.au and will supersede any previous versions.
If you have a booking for a Travel Product (including flights and accommodation) but you do not show up to check-in or otherwise do not avail yourself of such Travel Product, you will not be entitled to any refund from us.
1. If you book a low-cost flight with us, we will make the booking on your behalf and your contract for your low-cost flight will also be subject to the airline's booking terms and conditions.
2. It is your responsibility to ensure that all details of the booking are correct before proceeding. For any changes or cancellations, please contact the airline directly, quoting your reference.
Some Providers may also charge additional fees. Please check with the Provider for their full terms and conditions.
Some Providers will require an additional charge to be paid locally (e.g. a resort fee) at the time of check-in or check out. This amount is in addition to the amount shown during the booking process under the 'total booking cost' amount. There may be taxes levied abroad but not paid at the point of purchase that is payable in relation to your hotel booking (e.g. local taxes, sales tax etc.). Any local taxes will be payable by you directly to the Provider at the time of check-in/check out.
You warrant to us that:
- you are at least 18 years old and have the power, capacity and authority to enter into a binding contract with us and with the Providers of the Travel Products that you acquire
- you have read and understood these terms and conditions and if booking on behalf of third parties you have conveyed these terms and conditions to them;
- the information you provide us about yourself is true, accurate, current and complete (apart from any optional items) as required by any registration process;
- you have considered acquiring comprehensive travel insurance and we are not responsible for any failure by you to acquire adequate insurance cover;
- and you will use the Booking & Advisory Services in accordance with these terms and conditions and you will not use the Booking & Advisory Services in any way to breach any laws or defame anyone.
Baggage allowance varies from airline to airline and in many cases the airfare you have paid may not include the cost to cover checked baggage. Please check with your Travel Advisor and/or the airline providing your flights for the allowances.